Do you need a caffeine-free buzz that’ll boost your energy levels throughout the entire day? How about a natural and energizing lift to power you up in the morning?
Don’t fight the afternoon slump alone! Trade in the coffee mug for stimulating essential oils and watch how high your energy levels rise without the crash and burn of caffeine, sugar, and stimulants!
We’ll give you a quick 101 to get you up to speed on how to use essential oils to increase energy, which ones are the best for getting you through your day, and even how to blend various oils for the most powerful energy punch the natural way!
What are Essential Oils?
Used for centuries, essential oils are naturally-occurring, plant-derived compounds found in seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, leaves, and other parts of a plant.
They protect plants against environmental threats and provide beneficial properties, the same way it can also protect humans. That is why essential oil has been used in everything from beauty care and health remedies to aromatic uses, cooking, and even for boosting energy levels!
Why Use Quality Essential Oils?
Not all essential oils are created equal. The best essential oils are the ones with the most pure and efficacious qualities that are free of contaminants, fillers, and artificial ingredients for naturally stimulating increased levels of energy.
And, when you’re ingesting, using topically, or inhaling oils, you want to be sure it’s safe, without undesirable side effects, is truly a natural alternative, and is effective and powerful!
Quality essential oils should only require one drop for a powerful benefit!
3 Ways to Use Essential Oils for Energy
When it comes to invigorating the senses, beating fatigue, and chasing that natural energy buzz, there are three different ways to use essential oils.
- Aromatic – Using the oils in a diffuser or rubbing between the hands to inhale can be especially stimulating and invigorating! Diffusing is a popular method to purify and cleanse the air while providing aromatic benefits to all in the home, office space, or class room.
- Internal – Many essential oils are safe to ingest, either through cooking and baking with them or taking a few drops with water. They can also be used to improve energy levels and even as dietary supplements. Of course, you need to check the oil to ensure it is safe to use internally.
- Topical – This is the most popular way to use essential oils. Just rubbing it into the skin allows for maximum absorption to really penetrate into the body for uplifting, refreshing, and rejuvenating benefits!
Topical Use: To Dilute or Not Dilute?
All oils are different, and many manufacturers almost always have varying cautions when it comes to their oils. But, the golden rule is…
If in doubt, dilute it.
However, there are some Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils (CPTG) brands that are safe to apply without dilution. In this article, we’ll refer to the following ways to use essential oils as “methods”.
- Dilute – These essential oils should be mixed with some sort of carrier oil like Fractionated Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or Jojoba Oil. The carrier oils will help to deliver the essential oils into the skin.
- Neat – These oils can be applied directly to the skin without dilution because of its very mild chemistry makeup.
- Sensitive – These oils follow the golden rule and should be diluted for people with sensitive skin or very young users, like children and babies.
Essential Oil Skin Sensitivity
Everyone absorbs essential oils differently, and it can be a matter of benefiting from it or dealing with uncomfortable reactions.
While quality, pure, and certified essential oils cause few and rarely any undesirable side effects, it can happen, and you can be sensitive to it. Lavender and Tea Tree oils have been touted as safe for everyone, but they have been known in instances of sensitivities.
Patch testing first with a small amount on the inside of the elbow is an appropriate way to test. If it starts to cause any sort of discomfort, wash it off with a mild soap and water solution. If 24 hours go by without any reactions, then you’re good to get started!
Remember, if you’re allergic to a certain type of plant, you may also be allergic to its botanical oils also. And, even if you don’t experience discomfort with a particular oil, someone else may because everyone reacts differently.
3 Essential Oil Blends for an Energy-Powered Day
Whether it’s a spritz jar, roll-on bottle, a diffuser, or your hands, you can give yourself a natural boost of energy anytime of the day! No crash, no burn, and no downward spirals will rob you of your energy and your productivity! With little to risk, all the boosts of invigoration, stimulation, and rejuvenation are going to have you buzzed, alert, and high on life the natural essential oil way!
Whether it’s a spritz jar, roll-on bottle, a diffuser, or your hands, you can give yourself a natural boost of energy anytime of the day! No crash, no burn, and no downward spirals will rob you of your energy and your productivity!
With little to risk, all the boosts of invigoration, stimulation, and rejuvenation are going to have you buzzed, alert, and high on life the natural essential oil way!